Beginner troubles!

Hi all

 I have just been playing around with the etherboot package (also
looked at netboot, but it's rom footprint is too large). And now
i can get the thing to get it's ip address from bootp on my linux
server.
 But that's about it... When it comes to booting, the tftp complains
about access rights (error code 2).
 The bootptab is setup acording to the doc's that i could find:

.default:\
  :ds=192.168.0.1:\
  :dn=thor.org:\
  :sm=255.255.255.0:\
  :gw=192.168.0.1:\
  :ht=ethernet:\
  :to=-18000:\
  :hd=/remote:\
  :vm=auto:

term1.thor.org:ha=0000c01316d0:tc=.default:bf=dos

and the permisions on both /remote and /remote/dos is world readable,
owned by root user, and the user group.

 Oh yeah. It's an old 286 i'm trying to get to boot a (small) opendos
7.02 image (which should run kermit, and function as a terminal on the
network)....

Thomas Mørch
licensed ham, with callsign OZ2AFO. License category: CEPT-1

If God had intended man to smoke He would have set him on fire.