Re: Beginner troubles!

Thomas M. writes:
 > Hi all
 >
 >  I have just been playing around with the etherboot package (also
 > looked at netboot, but it's rom footprint is too large). And now
 > i can get the thing to get it's ip address from bootp on my linux
 > server.
 >  But that's about it... When it comes to booting, the tftp complains
 > about access rights (error code 2).
 >  The bootptab is setup acording to the doc's that i could find:
 >
 > .default:\
 >   :ds=192.168.0.1:\
 >   :dn=thor.org:\
 >   :sm=255.255.255.0:\
 >   :gw=192.168.0.1:\
 >   :ht=ethernet:\
 >   :to=-18000:\
 >   :hd=/remote:\
 >   :vm=auto:
 >
 > term1.thor.org:ha=0000c01316d0:tc=.default:bf=dos
                                              ^^^^^^

Either try changing the bootfile to /remote/dos or tell your TFTP
daemon to chroot() into the /remote directory before serving the
file. The latter is actually preferable, since it prevents nasty
security problems.

Markus

P.S.: There are userlevel tftp clients; so you do not need to reboot
      each time you want to check whether your configuration works.

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature