Re: Beginner troubles!

Thomas M. schrieb am  4 Apr :
> Hi all
>
>  I have just been playing around with the etherboot package (also
> looked at netboot, but it's rom footprint is too large). And now
> i can get the thing to get it's ip address from bootp on my linux
> server.
>  But that's about it... When it comes to booting, the tftp complains
> about access rights (error code 2).
>  The bootptab is setup acording to the doc's that i could find:
>
> ..default:\
>   :ds=192.168.0.1:\
>   :dn=thor.org:\
>   :sm=255.255.255.0:\
>   :gw=192.168.0.1:\
>   :ht=ethernet:\
>   :to=-18000:\
>   :hd=/remote:\
>   :vm=auto:
>
> term1.thor.org:ha=0000c01316d0:tc=.default:bf=dos
>
> and the permisions on both /remote and /remote/dos is world readable,
> owned by root user, and the user group.
>
>  Oh yeah. It's an old 286 i'm trying to get to boot a (small) opendos
> 7.02 image (which should run kermit, and function as a terminal on the
> network)....
>

> Thomas Mørch
> licensed ham, with callsign OZ2AFO. License category: CEPT-1
>
> If God had intended man to smoke He would have set him on fire.

Maybe you must allow your client to contact your server in the
hosts.allow file.

This file must look like

ALL:        network.address.of.your.client/255.255.255.0

or with more security:

portmap:    network.address.of.your.client/255.255.255.0
in.tftpd:   network.address.of.your.client/255.255.255.0

Maybe this will work !
Jan
--
     Jan Blunck - magic@on-line.de