Re: Award 6.0 + Netboot-Code

Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH wrote:

> For AWARD 6.0 Bios you need cbrom6.exe   or  better  the new  cdrom.exe
> version 2 to patch the bios..

I have them both.

> The version 2  of cbrom.exe is not on the net but two days ago  a nice gay
> sent me version 2.04.

I got Version 2.01 today.

> Ther are some  new options like  /oem0-7  etc. Also the /pci option  seem to
> work. Do anybody know
> what all the newer options means.

That would intrest me too.
Tried /oem, /pci, /isa & /other.

> But with cbrom mybios.bin /isa  bootrom.rom D000:0   the  patch is in  the
> file but  after boot  it is nor executed and
> I cant't find  the code in memory with  DOS debug. I tried etherrboot and
> netboot code for  eepro100 nic.
>
>   dirk@geo.net reported  success with older bios.
>
> On a older description of cbrom if found  using option /other needs modified
> source code. At the moment I
> fear that all options need modified code to be recognized.  Do anybody have
> more information about this.

Would be nice if anybody here could give a hint.

I thought there may be a problem with makerom. I used the
Raw-Data option. Is that the correct one for flashing into
Mainboard-bios?

Greetings, Christian
--
Christian Schlichting       http://christian.schlichting.com