flashing award bios on Asus mes-n

Ok,
Now i've got the cbrom utility (both cbrom and cbrom6).
I've built the etherboot eepro100.rom file and tested it
with a floppy.

I've used the aflash utility to pull the old bios code from
the flash eprom and then I've used the cbrom utility to add
the eepro100.rom file to it.

Then I used awflash to put the bios code back into the flash
eprom.

Everything looks good, except that when I boot, it ignores
the eepro100 code and boots normally again.

What is supposed to cause the eepro100 code to be executed?

This is on an Asus MES-N NLX motherboard.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim McQuillan
jam@ltsp.org