Re: Award 6.0 + Netboot-Code

Christian Schlichting wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Asus B3B-F and D-Link 530TX. Because of the non-
> existing drivers for etherboot (thnx Ken for THAT fast answer)
> I tried netboot and it worked for me booting from floppy.
> Now i read in the list-archive that it might be possible to
> place the boot-code into the bios of the board.
> Is it possible or do I have to buy a boot-rom for the network-
> card?

Ok ,   the same procedure as every year.

I Try the same thing since two weeks, with 6.0  Bios  for MES-N NLS board. But
no success until today.
But I know at lot more and there may be somebody in the list who knows the
rest.. What I found out is.

For AWARD 6.0 Bios you need cbrom6.exe   or  better  the new  cdrom.exe
version 2 to patch the bios..
The version 2  of cbrom.exe is not on the net but two days ago  a nice gay
sent me version 2.04.

Ther are some  new options like  /oem0-7  etc. Also the /pci option  seem to
work. Do anybody know
what all the newer options means.

But with cbrom mybios.bin /isa  bootrom.rom D000:0   the  patch is in  the
file but  after boot  it is nor executed and
I cant't find  the code in memory with  DOS debug. I tried etherrboot and
netboot code for  eepro100 nic.

  dirk@geo.net reported  success with older bios.

On a older description of cbrom if found  using option /other needs modified
source code. At the moment I
fear that all options need modified code to be recognized.  Do anybody have
more information about this.

Greetings
Wolfgang Rapp