Re: Problem booting with ISA card

On 3/3/2001 12:08 AM Hemant Joshi hemantj@ip.eth.net wrote:
>I am using etherboot-4.5.6.
>I followed all the steps to try with floppy. I could make a boot floppy using
>following command
>cat floppyload.bin.pre bin32/ne.lzrom > /dev/fd0
>After I inserted the floppy into a PC-LInux box, the system started accessing
>floppy. But apart from just showing different CPU-registers again and again,
>it did not do anything.

This usually indicates that the floppy/drive has a problem.  I suggest
you do a thorough formatting of thed floppy and try again, or use another
floppy, possibly one that is DOS preformatted.

Also, you mentioned you are using Etherboot 4.5.6, which is quite old.
Try making a floppy image on:

   http://rom-o-matic.net

and do:

   cat eb-4.7.20-ne.lzdsk > /dev/fd0

Which should create a bootable floppy.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Marty

---
    Try: http://rom-o-matic.net/ to make Etherboot images instantly.

   Name: Martin D. Connor
US Mail: Entity Cyber, Inc.; P.O. Box 391827; Cambridge, MA 02139; USA
  Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046
  Email: mdc@thinguin.org
    Web: http://www.thinguin.org/