Re: Problem booting with ISA card

Hi Marty,
Yesterday I repiled you that eb-4.7.20-ne.lzdsk did work.
Atleast that the software detected the network card properly and proceed
for DHCP.  From the system I could see that the DHCP could assign IP
address(192.0.0.9) to the system.Then the system could get Linux image (zImage)
from the DHCP server. But while it tried to mount the NFS from NFS server, it
said following :

IP-Config : No network devices available.
Root:-NFS : No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS : Can not open root device 02:00
Kernel Panic:VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:00

And then no progress.
What could be the problem?

Please note that, I verified NFS server exporting required file system.
I did this by trying mounting the same file system on a desktop running
Linux. This showed that NFS export from the server is working properly.
The same Linux box I am using to try etherboot..

Is it that, I need to specifically change any setting while I export file
system from the NFS server. Currently on the NFS server , /etc/exports file
contains following :
/tftpboot/192.0.0.9      192.0.0.9(rw,no_root_squash)

I did verify that, the system where I am trying etherboot, gets the address
192.0.0.9 also mensioned in the exports file.

Thanks again,
Hemant