No A: ramdisk without floppy-disk-controller ??

I have a functional netbooting 486 that I'm stripping down:

-set A: drive in BIOS-setup to none, disconnect flat cable... netbooting
works fine.
-Disable all stuff (IDE , LPT1 , COM1 & COM2) except the FDC on the multi IO
card...netbooting works fine

-When I remove the multi IO card  (there goes the FDC...)  netbooting
problem:
DHCP &TFTP = ok

then I get the following on screen:
DOS Net Boot img loader V0.9 (netboot)