Re: appropriate code for a GRUB-specific option

This is correct. But my point of view does not violate yours.
In the bootptab (or in the analog file in dhcp), you set up
a 'rp=', a 'bf=' etc. for every computer (client).

So machine A has to boot with GRUB ->
	:
	:bf=/tftpboot/grub/nbGrub:\
	:rp=/tftpboot/machineA/menu.lst:\
	:

Machine B also boots GRUB
	:
	:bf=/tftpboot/grub/nbGrub:\
	:rp=/tftpboot/machineB/menu.lst:\
	:

Lets say, machine C runs without GRUB and loads Linux
	:
	:bf=/tftpboot/machineC/boot/bootImage:\   (done with mknbi-xxx)
	:rp=/tftpboot/machineC/root:\
	:

In this way, the admin can define, which machine run with or without
GRUB without any changes on the client (except that fact, that the
client
must be able to boot via a netboot/etherboot ROM).

With friendly regards

	Christoph Plattner

By the way: The 'rp=' tag is only an example.....

private:	christoph.plattner@dot.at
company:	christoph.plattner@alcatel.at