Re: NI6510: LANCE time out on transmit

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Klaus Espenlaub wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> GRUB is "slightly" better in this respect, but I don't need all that fancy
> stuff - and I like it very much that Etherboot loads its complete configuration
> off the DHCP server.  This is something that didn't apply to the GRUB versions
> I played with (pre GNU GRUB age).  Might have changed since then.

I'm not sure what you mean with complete configuration.

I've done a small patch for me which allows that the menu.lst file can
lay at the bootp server. GRUB asks the bootp daemon for an IP address
and then loads the menu.lst from the appropriate server. I don't install
GRUB in ROM but at harddisk.
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##