Re: multicast TFTP?

We used all the variations, but switched fast ethernet obsoletes it.
Including switch (4000M) and card (Pro100+) we pay $100 per port.
Boot proms read small files, rarely ever 4 MB.  For such small sizes
64 kB block TFTP can be sub second.  MTFTP is welcome when the delay
waiting for the FT is low compared to the FT duration, and the FT
takes a large percentage of bandwidth.  You almost have to turn on a
lab of machines with one breaker for simultaneous gigabyte hard drive
restore to make it worth while, but that is past the boot rom.  Slow
unswitched ethernet also makes MTFTP more welcome, but still rare.