multicast TFTP?

What's the consensus on multicast-tftp?  I just read the RFC and it
looks simple.  I even think it'll fit in the etherboot bootrom easily.

I also took a very quick look at the MTFTP defined in the PXE spec.
It seemed overly complicated for a bootrom (and it's proprietary by
their own admission).  Personally, I'd rather code to RFCs....

Any thoughts? ideas?

thanks,

-Matt