NFS root readonly, why ?

Hello,

  when I use 2.0.39 (or less) kernel with nfsroot, work fine and mount /
as read-write. No change on server.

  BUT ! kernel 2.2.14 mount / readonly, type
  VFS: Mounted root (NFS filesystem ) readonly.

  I did change in source fs/super.c line 1134
    sb->flags = root_mountflags;
    sb->flags = root_mountflags & ~MS_RDONLY;

  This idea is from 2.0x kernel, where is & ~MS_RDONLY too. Now 2.2.14
work fine.

  How to mount nfsroot as read-write and no change source code ?
  What options I did miss or how to remount / to rw ?

thanks
  poli