Re: Linux and 3Com905B-TX-M

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Marty Connor wrote:

> I just ordered one of these 3Com 905C-TX-M cards.  I can't make any
> promises, but I plan to see if I can make it work with etherboot.  The
> other project I am looking at is to test the contrib/masq stuff to
> attempt to load etherboot via lilo (from hard disk) just like a kernel
> image.
>
> If anyone else is working on (or has advice on) either of these project,
> please let me know.

Well, I stated earlier that the 3c905c doesn't appear to be supported by
Etherboot, as I tried this last week. After dropping in a 3c905, it worked
like a charm. FreeBSD has a driver and works with the C revision, so I'm
sure it wouldn't be too hard. I'm not sure about the -T??? stuff, I
thought that stuff was IO options and such. (ROM socket, etc)

Gerald