Re: MX98715 hacked into submission.

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 03:21:42PM -0500, Jonathan A. George wrote:

> kimo_sabe@atdot.org wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 08:36:51AM -0500, Marty Connor wrote:
> >
> > obviously just the addition of the PCI id to the tulip ids list. The third
> > is the ugly part. I just copy&pasted the mx98715 specific init code from the
> > Linux tulip driver 0.91g. It will probably break most other cards, but until
> > we create a better solution for clones this should get those cards usable.
> >   The attached .diff is from 4.3.9. It affects config.c, pci.h, and tulip.c.
> >   - Nick Lopez
> >     kimo_sabe@atdot.org
>
> This sounds like the same thing I did for the LiteOn tulip based cards
> unfortunately the actual transfer mode was different the the one used
> into the tulip driver for etherboot.  Does this actually completely work
> for you?  I found the actually post initialization transfer code rather
> cumbersome to incorporate into etherboot.
  Yes, I've actually netbooted a system with it.  It's probably not
complete, but it was only meant as enough to get it working quickly. If
somebody else is allready working on cleaning up the clone handling for the
Tulip wanna-be's let me know. Otherwise I'll probably copy and paste chunks
out of the linux tulip driver.
  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if you
open WINDOWS