New problem with 3c905b and Boot-ROM

Hello folks,

I succedded creating boot-ROMs for the 3c905b with etherboot. They worked
severel weeks. Now there is a new type of this %^!%$!$%%*& card! The ROM is
recognized, but then the machine hangs or reboots. According to romcheck this
card still has this strange address-mapping bug, so netboot is no alternative.
Nevertheless I tried a netboot-image that worked from floppy (packet driver
update was necessary). But of course this desperate attempt failed :-(

I used the newest version of etherboot (4.2.9) and before version 4.2.6.
You can easily recognize this new kind of card by looking at the yellow label
on it. It look like this:

------------------------...
3C905B-TXNM  EA=....
FAST ETHERLINK
XL PCI
------ 110 .D
        ----------------...

The last 'D' makes the difference. Cards with an 'B' or 'C' work well. All cards
share the same PCI-ID 9055.

I'm sitting on a heap of these damn cards an can't netboot from them!

Any ideas, what's wrong ?

Thanks Marc

Marc Prager                      .--.
asterius GmbH                   |o_o |