Re: DFE530-TX PCI: Cannot access EPROM, romcheck weirdness

We had similar problems using a DLink DE528CT PCI card (10MB).  We had
to activate the bootrom with a utility we found on the DLink home
page (unfortunately, you need a DOS system to use it).

However, of the 32kB activated, only 4 or 8kB were found (I don't
remember the exact amount any more).  Booting "Netboot V0.9 (beta)"
from floppy, everything went fine.

We could not figure out what the problem was.  So we made another try
with "Netboot V0.8.1", which to our surprise worked fine.  We did not
make further investigations on the hows and whys ...

Good luck

  Holger Austinat