Re: New problem with 3c905b and Boot-ROM

>I used the newest version of etherboot (4.2.9) and before version 4.2.6.
>You can easily recognize this new kind of card by looking at the yellow label
>on it. It look like this:
>
>------------------------...
>3C905B-TXNM  EA=....
>FAST ETHERLINK
>XL PCI
>------ 110 .D
>        ----------------...
>
>The last 'D' makes the difference. Cards with an 'B' or 'C' work well. All ca
>rds
>share the same PCI-ID 9055.
>
>I'm sitting on a heap of these damn cards an can't netboot from them!
>
>Any ideas, what's wrong ?

I assume the PCI device ID is correctly set in the Makefile? It could
be that 3Com changed the hardware. A bad habit that manufacturers are
getting into is making a large change the hardware and only a small change
in the model number. The only solution I think is to get the datasheet
from 3Com and try to modify the driver to understand the new hardware.