Re: Etherboot and DR-DOS 7 (Caldera)

[CC'ed to Netboot to ask it anybody has had success booting DR-DOS 7.03.]

>So I am stuck. I can send you my boot images and images of my boot
>floppies if you want to take a look. I guess something changed on DR-DOS
>7.03 that prevents it from booting with EtherBoot. If you tell me the
>release you had success with, I may download it.

Ok, maybe something changed in 7.03. I had it netbooting with 7.02 so try
that. I'll have a play with 7.03 this weekend, maybe it's something small.

>Another option I thought was using FreeDOS. I see on the list you have
>been working on this, but can I get a free Novell client for FreeDOS? I
>cannot use a Microsoft client because it leaves too few conventional
>memmory for the Clipper apps.

I don't know how networking works in FreeDOS. Maybe you can use the
Novell clients from DR-DOS on FreeDOS, but my guess is that it will
have problems.