Re: Etherboot and DR-DOS 7 (Caldera)

>So I am stuck. I can send you my boot images and images of my boot
>floppies if you want to take a look. I guess something changed on DR-DOS
>7.03 that prevents it from booting with EtherBoot. If you tell me the
>release you had success with, I may download it.

You're right, I just tried it, Caldera changed something in the boot
sector of 7.03 and it doesn't work anymore with mknbi-dos. Howver I found
that a boot sector from 7.02 works like before. So that's my recommended
workaround: if you need to use 7.03, replace the boot sector with one
from 7.02. One way is like this:

	# Insert 7.02 bootable floppy into drive
	dd if=/dev/fd0 of=bootsect.702 bs=512 count=1
	# Insert 7.03 bootable floppy into drive
	dd if=bootsect.702 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 count=1

Then process the floppy as usual, using the -f flag to bypass mknbi-dos's
checking.

Perhaps someone out there might have the time to disassemble the boot
sector of 7.03 and find out what has changed.