Re: tftpboot

In message <37714352.B200FE8A@elina.htlw1.ac.at>, August H randl wrote:
>the nt botloader needs a file with just the first block (boot sector, 512
>bytes) of the hard disk to boot from. the rest will be loaded from the disk
>- i dont think that this (the rest of the image) can be loaded via tftp.

It could work if the 512byte boot block either
1) is a bootp/tftp client, or
2) load an image from the local disk which does the job.

ad 1) I don't think that someone has such a thing if possible in 512 bytes.
ad 2) With the netboot package this is not possible (at least loading the
      generated image.flo from lilo does not start the boot loader).

Solution will be: Creating a little partition (as someone suggested) and
load the kernel from there with lilo. Everything else will be nfs-mounted.

	Bernd

--
 Bernd Petrovitsch               Institute of Computer Technology
 Gußhausstraße 25-29, A-1040 Vienna Email: bernd@ict.tuwien.ac.at

PGP signature