Re: tftpboot

Bernd Petrovitsch writes:
 > ad 1) I don't think that someone has such a thing if possible in 512
 > bytes.
 > ad 2) With the netboot package this is not possible (at least loading
 > the
 >       generated image.flo from lilo does not start the boot loader).
 >
 > Solution will be: Creating a little partition (as someone suggested) and
 > load the kernel from there with lilo. Everything else will be
 > nfs-mounted.

The etherboot package ships with masquerading code in the contrib
directory, which allows you to turn an etherboot image into something
that can be loaded by LILO. I have tried this before and it worked
fine for me when I just used LILO. I have never tried it in
combination with the NT boot loader, though.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-544-4762

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; it does
            not constitute an official statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature