Re: Etherboot 4

Hi Daniel,

 > I am currently developing a SMC9000 driver for use with etherboot 4,
 > but I have run in to some trouble.

Great! Can you submit this driver Ken when it is ready?

 > I have gotten to a state where I can boot and download a tagged image,
 > but when it executes only the sign on message shows up, eg. "Linux Net
 > Boot Image Loader" then it seems to hang. This happens with images
 > buildt with mknbi from both etherboot 4.0 and netboot 0.8.1.

The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is that you
might be running out of space. There are some very strong restrictions
on how much memory space you can use for the driver. Maybe the stack
starts overwriting some crucial code?

Other than that, my only suggestion is putting lots of debugging
output into the code and tracing exactly how far it gets. This is very
work-intensive and boring but it will eventually yield results ---
trust me, I had to do that a couple of times ;-)

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature