Re: Intel Eeptro100B -- flash update utility

Hello,

In article <Pine.LNX.3.95.980728075843.13763A-100000@ucsns.ucs.co.za> you wrote:
> Thanks I found it and I've done a quick and dirty fix by adding additional
> headers + filling checksum and size in PnP and PCI headers in makerom.

Could you please send me your fix, so that I can check it against my
implementation? Does anyone know, if the PCI header hurts if booting
from a non-PCI device in a PCI system? Unfortunately, I have no PCI
hardware available to check this.

> I am not really an assembler expert so the fix looks like a mess. I
> will definetly be interested in testing your beta version.

Unfortunately, it will still take some time until the next netboot version
will be released. I'm presently doing some major changes to the bootrom
code to easier support different network driver interfaces. There are also
a whole bunch of other changes and extensions awaiting implementation.

> But are there
> still problems with Intel 82558 packet drivers?

Not that I know of. What problems do you have with the packet driver? Which
packet driver have you tried?

gero.

--
The experimenter who does not know what he is looking for will not understand
what he finds.			- Claude Bernard