Packet interrupt question

Since this may be related to my problem, I was wondering what anyone could
tell me about the packet (or software) interrupt value.  All that I know
is that it must lie between 0x60 and 0x80, but I have no idea what a
proper value for this should be.  When I tried configuring another generic
NIC for use under DOS a while back, I remember having trouble with this
value, and that I had to play around with it until it finally decided to work.

For the purposes of a netboot floppy image, where the only thing on the
disk is this program, and pretty much the only thing in the hardware is the
network card, does this value still have be chosen in a particular way, or
can I just assume that 0x60 will work?  If not, is there some way of knowing
what the software interrupt should be?

I can't easily get this machine to boot DOS and run a networking program
from there, since there is no hard drive, but if that's the only way to be
sure, then I'll make a set of floppies to let me load all of that into
memory and give it a shot.

Any help appreciated.

--Aaron