Re: NFS notice message result =-101

>Hi,
>
>I have the same problem....
>
>I tried to setup a diskless client. Everything works fine, but I cannot shutd
>own the client.
>
>I always get the error Message from the nfs client: nfs notice message result
>= -101.
>
>But before I always get an error message: nfs silly_rename cleanup error. But
> I do not
>
>know, what this means.
>
>Can anybody help me??
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Michael

Are your OS init files maybe set up to shutdown the network before
unmounting the root filesystem? Normally this is correct for a diskfull
system but for a root NFS this will cause complaints for obvious
reasons. For example, in RedHat (and possibly other SysVinit based
systems), disable rc6.d/K97network.