Re: NIC not recognized

Hello,

Martin Loebbing <loebbing@noether.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
> I have problems with a new network card, a 3C905-TX (Fast EterhLink XL),
> and netboot-0.7.1.  The card is working fine, if I boot it with a
> netboot-image on a floppy disk.  But with an eprom, the card is not
> recognized when booting, only the SCSI host adapter (NCR810).

As far as I heard from others the 3C905 has problems with accessing
ROMs larger than 16kB, even though you can select 32kB ROMs with the
setup. Try generating a bootrom with a small netboot kernel which should
fit into 16kB - or better get a different network card.

gero.

--
File names are infinite in length where infinity is set to 255 characters.
  - Peter Collinson, "The Unix File System"