Re: NIC not recognized

Hi,

I have successfully used the 3C905-TX with netboot-0.7.2 using
27C512 EEPROMs. The size of the netboot image (image.rom) is 32768 Kb.
pins 28 and 32 on the EEPROM socket, but this is not necessary. Simply plug
the EEPROM into the socket leaving pins 29-32 free.

The 3C905 is configured as having no bootrom installed. While it was
not necessary, I set the media type, disabling auto detection, as this
saves several seconds on the boot time.

Peter Debus
School of Mathematical Computer Sciences
University of New England
Armidale NSW
Australia

Ph: 61 (0)267 73 2412 Fax: 61 (0)267 73 3312