Re: Problems booting PCI/3c905

Arne Bernin writes:
 > Now, my Problem: If i try to boot the Terminal with the PCI-Card, nothing
 > happens at all accept a message "No Operating System found". The same card
 > works very well in my normal Terminal (no Riser-Card, AT-Board).
 > If i try to boot with an ISA-ne2000 Card and Bootrom, it works .
 > If i boot with a floppy and the 3c905TX it works, too.
 >
 > Do YOU have any ideas, what is happening here ? (It is possibly an
 > adress-room Problem or something like that).

If you are lucky, then all you have to do, is play around with the
BIOS configurations of your machine and/or with the configuration of
your PCI card. Try reconfiguring the PCI card, so that the ROM is
mapped to a different location. For your tests, you should also remove
all other plugin cards that you do not need for getting the machine up.

If you have bad luck, then your mainboard does not map any ROM on PCI
cards :-(

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature