Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:45:38 -0230 (NDT)
From: Michael Rendell <michael@cs.mun.ca>
To: Dan Shearer <dan.shearer@unisa.edu.au>
Subject: RE: samba and bpshell.exe

On 22-Sep-97 Dan Shearer wrote:
 >If you have done this and the code is available we would love to see it.

It is still in alpha test mode (the netbios layer is in user space).  I'll
be sending patches for samba, as well as for freebsd (kernel mods for
802.2 and netbios layers) when the code is written and appears to work
(~1 month for alpha releases, 2+ for beta).  A linux port will start sometime
after that (sooner if someone else wants to do the work, which will be
non-trivial).  I'll be sending some mail to the samba list when its ready
for alpha testing...

Mike