My experience with netboot.

Hi!
  I hope this letter reaches destination.

The following are my experience/mistakes with netboot. Hope someone get
some help of it :)

-----

Q: Can I use my linux root partition (the / directory) as the directory by
boot client will use for mounting?

A: No. :'( For the root directory, make up some separate directory.
	The clients complains that the directory is already mounted.
-----

Q: I have setup everything right and I am about to do my first netboot
with:
	server: linux (2.0.30)   client: linux
I have setup tcpdump to tell me all the packets on the ethernet segment.
I run bootpd with parameters: -s -d 4  (run standalone and FULL debug).
I have made that boot disk (netboot with a floppy) and I did it
correctly..
I boot the client with the disk, and then:
	o the client sends a broadcast to the server (tcpdump says ok)
	o the server receives the broadcast (tcpdump says ok) (bootps says
ok)
	o bootps recognizes the machine (I put the correct ethernet
address) and SENDS the correct information (tcpdump and ethload say ok)
	o XXXXX the client does not receive the UDP packet from the server
(bootp daemon).
	tcpdump gives the following info:

	1 server asks the router about the client address
	2 router says to server: client is unreachable

	And, the client prints out a lot of dots........ yes, like this.

	Type manually:
	# route add -host <client.ip>

	Could not figure out why to do that yet.

Simos