Re: netboot via BOOTP

markus@infoscape.com wrote:

> You might have a misconfigured system, that fails to mount the
> root filesystem or does not find all neccessary files on the root
> filesystem. If Linux has successfully come up, then check which of
> your processes are running. At the very least, you should see
> "init". I cannot check right now, but I believe SCROLLOCK plus some
> modifier key (alt, shift, control, ... ?) lists all of the current
> processes.
>
> Markus

yes, you're right.  I didn't have the necessary libraries in /lib.
After I copied the whole /lib directory to the client's root filesystem,
it boots up okay.  But I'm still getting some errors:

	<process> : can't map 'lib/libc.so.5.3.12'
	<process> : can't map 'lib/libc.so.5'
	<process> : can't load library 'libc.so.5'

where <process> is the process that is being run, such as ls, ps, more,
etc.  I am sure that I have this library in the /lib of the client's
root filesystem.  How come it doesn't pick it up?

BTW, the key combination for checking processes is ctrl-SCROLLOCK.

Thanks
Ben