Re: netboot via BOOTP

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Ken Yap wrote:

> Have a look in /etc/inetd.conf. If the tftp service mentions tcpd then
> you are running tcpwrappers. Check the identity of the hosts for the
> two fetches. It's not clear from what you sent, but you seem to be
> saying that there are two fetches via tftpd, the first one for the boot
> image (which is done by the bootrom) and a second one, which fails.
> What is the IP address of the client for the second message? Maybe it's
> one that's forbidden access. Check the security logs.

Yes, my server is running tcpwrappers.  So I added:

	in.tftpd : 192.168.1.101

into /etc/hosts.allow, but nothing is changed.  Then I disabled
tcpwrapper on in.tftpd, and the situation stays the same.  The security
log shows the following:

	bootpd: Connect from 0.0.0.0
	in.tftpd: Connect from 192.168.1.101

So it looks like the connection is established successfully.  I guess it
is the configuration of the client's root filesystem that causes the
problem.  So when a system boots up, what's happening after the root
filesystem is mounted.  Does the init process takes over right away?

Thanks
Ben