Re: About netboot

Jiang Xiong wrote:

> Hi, there,
>
> I've tried netboot-0.5.3 for my diskless Linux station. Really exciting.
>
> Everything is OK, booting from bootrom, contacting bootp server, reading
> bootimage, and booting the kernel, except that it halts after echoing
> "VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem)".

I got into the same problem; I don't have a clue yet. :-(

> Another question is that which directories need to be 'hard' copied to the
> exported directory for nfs booted station ?  Is /dev necessary, or able
> to be auto-mounted via /etc/fstab ?

Have you checked the NFS-Root-Client Mini-Howto?  It tells you what is
needed in the client's root filesystem.  It's not very detailed, but it
should help.
You can find it at:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/NFS-Root-Client

Ben

P.S  let me know if you have any luck :-)