Re: Problems with etherboot and Boot prompt.

Thanks Doug,

I think everyone else misunderstood my original problem,

When I type 'N" ( To the boot from Network prompt ) , etherboot just calls
exit() - this is passed back to the loader - and in turn this performs an
int 19h - which I also do not fully understand.
( Ralph Browns excellent interrupt list document states that it will
usually cause a system hang - expecially if any of the low software int's
have been changed ! )

Do you have your patches for the exit() problem ? ( The one that allows a
Win98 floppy to boot if you answer 'N' ? )

Unfortunately my Eprom Programmer/Emulator is in for repair at the moment (
I'd rather test it in situ than use a floppy ! ) so I''m motionless on
solving the problem.

BTW With the Intel 10/100B which chip are you using , the 82557 or the new
82558 ? , are you using the patches by me - or does it work without the
patches ?. I'm trying to decide if the 10/100B driver is good enough ( it
is for me - but I only use it in one machine ) or if it should somehow be
updated to come in line with recent kernels.

Andy.