3c905 vs 3c905b boot prom

I have made a boot prom that works in a 3c905.  However, the same eprom
does not work in a 3c905b.  It hangs after the uncompression is done.
According to the new romcheck utility, the data is not being read out
correctly from the eprom.  I see many copies of the beginning of the
data, but there is no complete image.

It does work from a floppy with both types of cards.

I have tried both 32k and 64k proms (M27c256b and M27c512) and all the
settings available in 3c90xcfg.exe.  Any ideas?

Bruce Thompson
RAF
(425) 867-0700
bt@raf.com