Re: ipconfig: incomplete ... , 0.8.1, kernel 2.1.105

Hello,

Erez Doron <erez@savan.com> wrote:
> after the kernel (2.1.105) starts to run, i get
>
> ip config: incomplete network configuration information

This seems to be a bug in the Linux kernel. You might replace line 1035 of
file linux/net/ipv4/ipconfig.c, which reads:

	root_server_addr == INADDR_NONE ||

with

	ic_servaddr == INADDR_NONE ||

Alternatively, you could define CONFIG_IP_PNP_DYNAMIC when configuring
the kernel - but that will (incorrectly) repeat the BOOTP and/or RARP
process.

However, please note that I haven't tried these yet, as I just had the
time to take a short look at the kernel sources. Please let me know if
it works.

gero.

--
You are what you want to be.