Re: vendor extension file

Hello,

Peter Debus <pdebus@turing.une.edu.au> wrote:
> I am using netboot 0.8 and the vender extension file boot menu
> is now broken. Netboot 0.8 successfully downloads the extension file, but
> then issues "MENU: Invalid image description 192" error message. Netboot 0.8
> then procedes to download the default image as specified by the bootp
> bf field, and does not display the menu as defined by the extension fields.

This is a bug, not a feature... sorry for the inconvenience. There is no
easy way to get around this when you can't recompile the bootrom. I'm going
to put version 0.8.1. out within the next one or two days. It will have this
bug fixed.

> May I ask where the dc21x4.com packet driver for the DC21x4x tulip cards
> came from. I have checked the Crynwr collection but the most up to date
> collection I can find (v11) does not have it.

ftp.crynwr.com

gero.

--
The important thing is never to stop questioning.
  - Albert Einstein