Re: Slow booting with Intel EtherExpress Pro 100B

Rogier,
Sounds like you are using 10Mbps mode !

By any chance is the other network card a 10Mbps card ?

( round trip time is 0.6ms for me - through a 100Mbps hub )

Your server is certainly up to the job ;-)

My performance is with a Cyrix 120+ with 64Mb ram + linux 2.0.33
( Slackware 3.4 )

Can you tell me which chip is on the 100B card ?

is it an 82557 or an 82558 ?

BTW I'm still not happy with a peak transfer rate of 82Mbps ;-)

Andy.

Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Andrew Coulthurst wrote:
> >
> > Questions.
> >
> > 1. Does the card perform flawlessly from an O.S. ?
> >    Try doing an ftp and see if you get acceptable transfer rates.
> >    ( As an example I usually get about 4-8Mbytes a second ).
>
> No. I get 10 ms ping times, and around 1Mb per second throughput.

..
..