Re: Protocol Manager: Invalid function

Hello,

M.Meyer@maxonline.at (Matthias Meyer) wrote in
20020730201544.VBRM2227.viefep16-int.chello.at@there:">news:20020730201544.VBRM2227.viefep16-int.chello.at@there:
> Because I have no success with the packet-driver for my PCMCIA
> Xircom-nic I try the NDIS-Driver.
>
> After makerom (installed from netboot-0.9.1-87.rpm) I boot my laptop
> from this floppy.
> following appears:
> Netboot disk loader
> Netboot V0.9, Copyright (C) 1995-2000 G. Kuhlmann
>
> Xircom CardBus Ethernet 10/100 Adapter NDIS v3.14 (010129)
> Copyrigth (C) Xircom, Inc. 1996-2000 All rights reserved.
>
> Memory Address CC000, IRQ 11, Node Address 0010A4051111
>

> Protocol Manager: Invalid function

I've got similar reports from others with different NDIS drivers, so
there seems to be a bug here. I'm on it, and will try to find a fix
with the next netboot version. However, since the NDIS interface works
with the drivers I use, please get in contact with me if you want to
try out some debugging code.

Thanks in advance, gero.

--
Gero Kuhlmann, gkminix, Germany