Re: Diskless client with kernel 2.4.18 cannot boot

Hello,

napi@cs.indiana.edu (Mohd-Hanafiah Abdullah) wrote in
200207230840.g6N8eT012409@tcserver.school1.edu.my:">news:200207230840.g6N8eT012409@tcserver.school1.edu.my:
> The following error message was given while booting a diskless machine
> using kernel 2.4.18.  The message was something like this:

> Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 192.168.1.250
> RPC: sendmsg returned error 101

as I found out recently, somewhere in the 2.4.x path the IP auto-
configuration code has been changed. The newer kernels require
some different kernel command line syntax. Please download the
latest netboot version 0.9.5 which fixes this problem.

gero.