From: <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 6:14 AM
Subject: Init hanging

> Hi list,
>
> I have sveral diskless linux machines booting from one server w/o
problems. Until last week. Now, when i try to reboot any of these machines
(I have tried 2 so far), the init program hangs after outputing its banner
(init version 2.78 booting). I use kernel 2.2.19.
> To debug this problem, i specified 'init=/bin/bash' as kernel parameter ->
Boot hangs. Trying 'init=/bin/ash' (ash is much smaller) gives me a command
prompt. I can use 'ls' but when i use 'ls -l' i only get 'total xx' and the
the machine hangs.

> This is very strange, especially because i did not change anything. The
other machines are (still) running fine.