Re: etherboot & NFS problem

Hi in this mailing list !

Your problem:
Recheck the /etc/exports file.
First you need the `no_root_squash' option, and dependent of the
nfs server (user land or kernel nfs) you must (!) be careful for the
naming conventions for the host names (like '*' or '*.domain'), etc.
I often had problems, which killed the `mountd'.

Example:

/tftpboot       *.domain.at(rw,no_root_squash)
/usr            *.domain.at(rw,no_root_squash)
/home           *.domain.at(rw,no_root_squash)

Also recheck if all NFS server parts are running (sometimes
they brake, if an error occurs), use for example
	ps auxw | grep rpc

"Error -13": I got this also and I debugged the mountd for this.
I found out, that I wanted to export a path, which is also an NFS
part of another machine

SERVER			WORKSTATION which exports for DISKLESS     DISKLESS
holding /tftpboot	mounted /tftpboot from server
			playing bootp server
			exporting /tftpboot

This configuration is not the best one, but often used in lab.
The SERVER is for example a company server, the WORKSTATIONS
acts as experimental platform for a boot server acting a bootp
and local NFS server and controlling own subnets for the lab
experiments.

If the ROOT-fs is coming from the SERVER, but you mount (of course)
from the WORKSTATION (boot server), then this is not possible,
as the NFS server must not export NFS mounted devices (re-export !)

I hope this helps

	Christoph

--
  +--------V--------+	Christoph.Plattner@alcatel.at