Trying to flash award bios in Soyo LI-7000

Hello all,

I'm trying to flash an Etherboot rtl8139 module into
an award bios on a Soyo LI-7000 motherboard.

No matter what options I try with cbrom6, once I flash
it into the motherboard, the etherboot image is totally
ignored.

The motherboard has a built-in rtl8139 chipset, with a
vendor ID of 0x10EC and a Device ID of 0x8139.

I've tried using /pci, /isa, /other, /oem0 as options to
the cbrom6 command.  The module shows up when I display
the contents of the bios, but still, once I boot up the
workstation, it still ignores the etherboot module.

I've tried all kinds of options in the bios setup screen,
still no go.

I've tried cbrom 2.04, but I usually get 'Unable to write'
when it tries to write the image out.  This is a 512kbyte
image and I think that 2.04 can't handle that.

The Award bios is v6.0.

Once I boot the workstation with DOS, I try running rom-scan
and it doesn't detect the bios extension.

If I insert a real NIC with a bootrom on it, it works just
fine and attempts to boot from the network.  If I boot dos
with that card inserted, rom-scan detects that card's
extension rom.

I've performed this procedure on lots of other motherboards
with generally good success.  This one is just getting the
better of me.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim McQuillan
jam@ltsp.org