Re: eprom for 3com 3c905a/b ?

Steve_Marfisi@3com.com wrote:

> Here is (probably not a complete list) a selection of ROMs that our test records
> indicate support on the 905B:
>
> Atmel 29C512 DIP, Atmel 29LV512, Atmel 49BV512, Atmel 29LV010B , SST 29LE010 ,
> SST 39VF010, Atmel 49F001N, SST 29EE010, SST 39SF010, STM 29W512B, AM 29LV010B
>
> We primarily use the Atmel 29C512., sometimes the SST depending on availability.

Which are all Flash chips - the question was on EPROM chips.  I have no idea
how you managed to destroy your card by just inserting a 27C1001.  These chips
are pin-by-pin compatible with the corresponding Flash chips (except that the
EPROM expects the programming voltage on pin 1, while for Flash this pin is NC -
I hope that the socket on the 3c905 doesn't have anything connected to pin 1 that
breaks if the chip in the socket pulls this pin to the supply volgage).

I suspect that your card was killed by static electricity.

You should be able to use any EPROM chip starting from 27C512 (this is a 28 pin
type, but should work because 3com connected both pin 28 and 26 to the supply
voltage).  Just align the 28pin types on the bottom.

Klaus