Re: Eprom on differend card than the booting one ?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 08:20:35PM +0200, Thomas Huber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> a question concerning Eproms on PCI-cards:
>
> I want to use a second PCI-networkcard to keep the Eprom for booting
> my first card. (there is no other easy solution to get around this ;-)
>
> I remember that putting a Rom on a different card, than the Romcode
> is intended for, did work on ISA.
>
> Does this work on PCI , too ?
  I don't see why it wouldn't. You have to manually set the PCI ID info in
the rom to the card your putting it on, instead of the one it's indended
for.  Thats just so that the rom will be abled and used.  Oh yeah, don't
forget the manually enable the boot rom on that card, if you have to.
  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org