Re: Who can give instructions on how to boot Win98 diskless??

Perhaps it is a good idea to 'USE' linux instead of Win98. This really
can be the best idea. This is my way, so I have experience booting
Linux diskless, but I never tried any MS product. Although I worked on
NT very much inclusive device driver writing, since I know Linux very
well, I never want go back.

In the Linux beginning I also had some problems, but know I can do
nearly everything what I can do unter MS but much more stable
(Scanner more stable, FAX server and dial in/out perfect, office appl.
I use sometimes Staroffice, but most I don't use anything), etc etc

Of course, there is often no way away from MS, but everybody should it
consider !
Especially in companies, Win9x is destroying itself over weeks or
months.
This can be expensive.

I only want to give that hint: Look if you can also live with Linux on
this or that workstation before hacking on diskless Win9x booting :-)

With friendly regards
	Christoph Plattner