Re: menuing system for etherboot

For this, have a look at the boot loader GRUB. I expanded it to support
diskless operation, os the boot loader can be taken from net or from the
local disk. This boot loader loads a text file (menu.lst) which comes
from net (in the diskless version) or from the local disk and give
you the possibility to load as many systems you want from the local
disk of via tftp frpm any server. For this you also need no mknbi-xxx,
as you can directly load 'vmlinuz' from disk or via tftp and start it.

The menu is a comfartable one with frames, etc. You can select whatever
you want:

For example:
	Local Dos
	Local Win98
	Local Linux
	Linux from Server XXX
	Linux from Server YYY
You can also load the same linux with different root disks, initrd ram
disks, kernel and root disks from different servers, whatever.

I also will work on a serial console support for GRUB.
By the way, GRUB includes the net driver packet of etherboot !!

My Diskless support is added in this week by the head of GRUB org.

Have a look at it !

Cheers
	Christoph Plattner

Here the address of GNU GRUB