Re: Make problem

> Config:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> Beneath the first few lines of the Config file with the option for BOOTP
> enabled
>
> #
> # Config for Etherboot/32
> #
> # Basic options:
> -DNO_DHCP_SUPPORT=BOOTP -Use BOOTP instead of DHCP

I would say comment the comment (-Use BOOTP instead of DHCP) out :-)
But you have to add CFLAGS32= before. Or better you go below line 122 and
add it after any CFLAGS statement you want to use ...

> # -DRARP_NOT_BOOTP- Use RARP instead of BOOTP/DHCP
> #       -DIMAGE_MENU    - Allow to interactively chose between different
> #                         bootimages; read vendortags.html for further
> #                         information.
>

> I am working with standard LINUX 6.0
>

> The second question I have is about a 3c503 nic.
> What kind of eprom goes in the eprom socket on this nic?. it's a 28 pins
> socket.
> And how can I trigger the nic card so its looking for the eprom ?. Or is it
> always looking
> for a eprom ( bootrom )?.
> Where can I find a list with nic's including what kind ( type ) of (e)eprom
> fit's on that nic?.

Get the configuration tool from the 3COM homepage or try the linux nic
config package by Donald Becker. 16k EPROM should work, may be the 32k
too, but the board is rather old.

So long,
	  Dirk